- Οικονομική διεύθυνση
Δημοσιεύθηκε πριν 1 μήνα
- Πλήρης Απασχόληση
- Πτυχίο ΤΕΙ, Μεταπτυχιακό
- 5 - 7 έτη προϋπηρεσία
Auditor or Accounting Advisor in Financial Services Sector (Manager)
In the aftermath of the global financial crisis, the financial services industry faces many challenges. The increasing need for dealing with complex finance and controllership issues are among the most high profile. Our clients look to us as trusted consultants, and as a Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professional, you will be at the heart of that goal. You will provide accounting advisory services, encompassing GAAP conversion and implementation; on-call financial reporting advice; accounting policy manual solutions; financing-related and regulatory support; accounting processes and controls support.
We are currently seeking a professional at Manager level with banking and/or insurance experience to join the team. As FAAS professional you will have a great opportunity to expand your technical accounting and financial reporting knowledge and skills, work on different projects across the financial services sector and frequently work with other service lines. At the same time you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to the FAAS team during a time of exciting growth.
Your key responsibilities
The nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. You will work on the implementation of new IFRSs, particularly IFRS 9, relating to Classification and Measurement, Impairment and Hedge Accounting for banking and insurance clients, as well as on IFRS 4 for insurance clients, and develop propositions relating to application of new standards for the clients. That means you need to think outside the box, be creative and solutions oriented, challenge existing practices and be adaptable to change.
Skills and attributes for success
- Collaborating with FAAS Partner to plan engagement strategy/objectives, undertaking risk assessments and leading the engagements to deliver agreed plan.
- Developing and maintaining productive and long term relationships with client management
- Generating new business opportunities, understanding EY services and actively assessing/presenting ways to apply knowledge.
- Understanding Financial Services Industry and recognizing key performance drivers, business trends, emerging technical developments and impact to the clients; being visible in the marketplace and recognized as a quality service advisor.
- Leading by example, developing and mentoring engagement team members and conducting performance reviews.
- Using expertise in assurance methodologies to perform engagements in compliance with the firm and industry standards.
- Using technology to continually learn, share knowledge and enhance service delivery.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 5-7 years of professional experience in consulting/professional services or an operational role within a bank, insurance company or similar institution
- Practical experience with IAS 39 and / or IFRS 9 in the banking sector in the areas of impairment, classification and measurement of financial instruments
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent)
- Excellent academic background including a bachelor/master degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or other related field
- Professional experience in IFRS or US GAAP gained within the banking and insurance sectors
- Risk management ability and comfort in researching technical emerging issues (including regulations and industry practices) and writing technical accounting papers
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Greek and English
- Flexibility to travel in accordance with client and other job requirements both locally and internationally
Ideally you will also have
- Prior working experience in a Big 4 firm
What we look for
We are not just looking for technical accounting experience - we are interested in professionals with a creative vision and the confidence to make it happen; professionals who can integrate with and influence clients from a varying range of organizations, as part of a diverse and highly driven team. If you are looking to develop your career within a truly dynamic team, where you will make a measurable difference across some of the most prestigious businesses around, this role is for you.
Working location: Athens
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress in your career
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please submit your cv via the respective link.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.