- Παραγωγή / Διαχ. Ποιότητας
Δημοσιεύθηκε πριν 1 μήνα
- Πλήρης Απασχόληση
Κωδικός Θέσης: L702.2017-15
The group is active in developing innovative platforms for diagnostics purposes, food safety and continuous bioprocess control. It aims to play a key role in the development of future point-of-care diagnostics and safety screening systems in Switzerland. It offers an exceptional opportunity to work on high-performance developments for industrial customers as well as on longer-term applied Swiss and European research projects, in accordance with CSEM's mission to bridge the gap between universities and industry.
Within the proposed project you will work on the development of a portable, smartphone-based system for the rapid screening of aflatoxins, a carcinogenic family of toxins, in food samples. The project is part of a European network of PhD students working towards a common goal.
Your responsibility will include to:
- Learn to understand the needs for food safety and quality management
- Design, realize and test a rapid aflatoxin screening assay based on: Electrochemical detection, Aptamer recognition and Multiplexing
- Integrate the assay into a smartphone-based detection system in collaboration with the European network
- Disseminate and report your results using international platforms
- Take active part in the activities of the group and the Landquart Center and interact with the PhD students in the European network.
- Master degree in chemistry, biochemistry, microtechnology, physics or similar
- Interest in multidisciplinary, applied projects
- Good written and spoken English
- Enthusiastic, proactive and autonomous
- Excellent communication skills
- Former knowledge in sensing technology is a plus.
CSEM offers a stimulating and multidisciplinary work environment with the opportunity to work with leading Swiss and international companies. You will have the opportunity to benefit from excellent social security conditions and to evolve within a multicultural company which clearly promotes an employee-driven culture.
We look forward to receiving your complete application file at [Click here to send your CV], mentioning ref. 'L702.2017-15' in the subject.
Preference will be given to professionals applying directly.